- In-car Entertainment Systems
(Please note that these items will be covered up to 25% including VAT, of your claim limit on original manufacturer's equipment up to a maximum of £500)
- Air Conditioning & Climate Control Systems
(Please note that these items will be covered up to a maximum of 40% including VAT of your claim limit up to a maximum of £800).
- SAT NAV Equipment
(Please note that this item will be covered up to a maximum of 25% including VAT, of your claim limit up to a maximum of £500)
- Additional Cover:
We will provide cover on the vehicle's catalytic converter provided an extra fee has been collected and your vehicle was under 5 years of age at time of purchase.
- Gradual deterioration of performance of a component in line with the age and mileage of the vehicle will be classed as "wear and tear" and excluded from the guarantee.
- All bodywork and trim, seat belts (any part), glass (including heated screens and door mirrors), sunroof panels, fuel tank, wheels and tyres. Airbags or disposal of airbags.
- Minor fluid leaks, odours, external oil leaks, worn or perished seals.
- Consumable items such as but not exclusively limited to light bulbs, drive belts, wiper blades, brake linings, brake discs, cylinders, cables, glow plugs, split pipes, all hoses and key fobs.
- Blocked, porous or seized components - including seized brake callipers and calliper motors.
- Clearing or cleaning of fuel lines or components, contamination of fuel system either by incorrect fuelling or water ingress. Damage caused to any component by water ingress.
- Clutch components, unless mechanically failed.
- Electrical connections, wiring looms and batteries.
- Exhaust system, including but not limited to manifolds, mufflers, brackets and mountings. Including de-pollution or diesel particulate filters and systems and EGR valves.
- Cylinder block liners for vehicles over 3000 cc.
- Automatic & CVT Transmission
All components contained within the transmission casing
Master cylinder, ABS wheel speed sensor, restrictor valve and servo. (Excluding seized callipers).
The following casings are only covered if their failure is a direct result of a failure of a covered component and will constitute part of the total claim subject to the policy limits.
Release bearing, master and slave cylinders. (Excluding burnt out parts and wear and tear).
The rocker assembly, including hydraulic followers, inlet and exhaust valves (except carbonised, burnt, pitted and sticking valves), cylinder head gasket, camshaft and followers, timing gears and chains (excluding tensioner), oil pump, pistons and rings, con-rods, gudgeon pins and bearings, crankshaft and bearings, inlet manifold and ring gear
- Engine Cooling System
Water pump, viscous fan coupling, thermostat and thermostat housing, expansion tank, heater matrix and coolant temperature sensor. (Excluding frost damage)
- Engine Management (ECU)
Engine electronic control unit.
- Front & Rear Suspension
Coil springs, upper and lower wishbones and ball and swivel joints. (Excluding bushes)
- Fuel System
Throttle body, airflow meter, throttle position sensor, oxygen sensor, throttle potentiometer, map sensor, injectors, lift pump, mechanical fuel pump. Excluding breakdown as a result of contamination or failure to meet current emission legislation.
- Steering (incl. power-assisted steering)
Steering rack and pinion, steering box, pump and idler box. (Excluding power steering belts, external links and joints, rubber boots, swivel pins and oil leaks)
- Manual Gearbox
All internal components contained within the transmission casing.
- Drive Axle
Internal crown wheel and pinion, gears, shafts, bearings and bushes, thrust washers and spacers, drive shafts, including constant velocity joints, hubs, universal joints and couplings. (Excluding gaiters)
- Electrical System
Starter motor, alternator, coil, window and sunroof motors, electric window switches, sunroof switch, central locking motor, heater fan motor, indicator flasher relay, distributor, front and rear windscreen wiper motors, electrical fuel pump, windscreen washer motors, electronic ignition amplifier, thermostatically-controlled radiator fan motor, horn and tank sender unit.
- Wheel Bearings
Front and rear wheel bearings for sudden and unexpected mechanical failure only.
- Wheel Bearings
Should any authorised repair to any of the above components require essential replacement or topping up of lubricants, oils or coolant or replacement of the oil filter, these shall be covered as part of the total claim, within the policy limits. Gradual deterioration of performance of a component in line with the age and mileage of the vehicle will be classed as "wear and tear" and excluded from the policy
Bought a blue peugeot 107 and am happy to state that I've been driving it for a little over 1 month now without any issues! Had a small hickup with th... Read More
I Visited select a car Leicester with my partner with an idea of the car we wanted. We were greeted and shown around the cars in stock, we discussed o... Read More
5 star Select a car
Even though I didn’t buy a car from them in the end (as I found another more suited to my needs), I have to say, Jay was the only person who actuall... Read More
Absolutely Brilliant, Great Prices, Great People. Genuinely Would Recommend Highly... Read More
Great customer service from these guys from start to finish. Would highly recommend as they ensure you get the car you want at the right price, they a... Read More
Great customer service from start to finish. I have just bought my second car from these guys and would strongly recommend them. They are always very... Read More
Had a great experience at select a car, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was very happy having financed a lovely car from them. I woul... Read More
Great customer service. Really nice and helpful couple. Sorted everything out that they said would and they also delivered my new car to me at home. W... Read More